By default, your personal details will be available for everyone to see on Facebook. All those who are privacy conscious should consider changing some settings on their Facebook.
If your Facebook account is public, your details are available for everyone to see. If you’re privacy-minded, you may want to consider changing your settings.
To secure your friend list from being perused by other users, it is important that you change your privacy options. Follow the steps described below to get the job done:
- On your favorite browser, open Facebook.com.
- On the Facebook’s welcome screen, login with your credentials.
- On the homepage of your account, click on your Name next to the home button.
- On your accounts timeline profile that opens up, click on the Friends button below the cover photo.
- On the Friends page that opens up, click on the Manage button that has a small pencil symbol on it. The button is present at the right side.
- On the drop-down, click Edit Privacy.
- On the Edit Privacy window that opens up, select Only Me from the drop-down list representing the Who can see my friend list option.
- Once done, click the Close button to save the changes and to close the opened box.
After implementing the 9 steps above. Your friend list will only be visible to one person – you.