When you block someone on Facebook, the blocked person is unable to view posts made by you, post on your wall, and cannot send you friend request. This is a two-way restriction which means that even you will not be able to view the posts made by him/her, post on his/her timeline, and you cannot send him/her friend request. Also, if the person is in your friends list, as soon as you block the user, he/she is automatically removed from your friends list.
If you have blocked a person without any intent to do so, or if you two have made peace with each other, you can unblock the blocked user on your profile by following the steps described below:
- On your browser, open Facebook.com.
- On the Facebook’s welcome screen, login with your details.
- On the homepage of your account, click on the gear symbol present at the top right corner of the page.
- From the drop-down that appears, select Settings.
- On the General Account Settings page that opens up, click the Blocking category from the left pane.
- On the Manage Blocking page, under the Block users section, click the Unblock option representing the name of the person that you wish to unlock from the blocking list.
- On the confirmation box that appears, click the Confirm button to unblock the selected user.
- Now in order to get reconnected with the unblock user, either of you are needed to send a friend request to either. Once the friend request is accepted, you guys can then start interacting with each other as all the restrictions would be removed from your accounts.
As you may know, some people can be extremely annoying on Facebook. Luckily, there’s an easy fix for that, as you have the option of blocking them. This means that the individual you block can’t see the thing you post on your timeline, tag you, invite you to events and groups, start a conversation with you, or add you as a friend. Nice!
Of course, you can always unblock a person if you decide to do so. But just how exactly can you do that? A lot of users are having trouble in this area, as the option is buried in the settings of your account. To make things a bit easier for you, we’ll show you just how to unblock someone on facebook on your Android device. You’ll find all the info you need below.
Unblocking someone on Facebook is an easy task that can be completed in less than a minute if you know where to find the option. The first thing you should obviously do is open the Facebook app you have on your Android device. Then just tap on the menu button that’s located in the top right corner, scroll down until you see “Account Setting”, and tap on it.
Once that’s done, the next step is to select the “Blocking” option, which will show you a list of all the people you have blocked on Facebook. Find and tap on the one you want to unblock and then just select “Unblock” once the option appears in the pop-up window.
That’s all there is to it. Once you’re done, the individual you have unblocked will again be able to see your posts, send you messages, and so on.
To make life even easier for you, we have prepared step by step instructions for you along with screenshots below.
Step 1: Open the Facebook app on your device.
Step 2: Tap on the menu button located in the upper right part of your screen.
Step 3: Scroll down and select the “Account Settings” option.
Step 4: Find and tap on the “Blocking” option.
Step 5: Find and tap on the person you want to unblock.
Step 6: Tap on the “Unblock” button that shows up in the pop-up window.
So, there you have it. This is how to unblock someone on Facebook. Easy, right? One thing worth keeping in mind is that once you unblock someone, you can’t block him or her again for the next 48 hours.